We all live by a motto “drink milk, stay healthy”. However, the truth is most people don’t bother to know where their daily milk is coming from or how pure and wholesome it is.
With indigenous cow breeds on the brink of extinction, it comes as no surprise that most dairies provide a blend of several types of milk infused with a generous amount of water in the name of pure natural cow milk.
The good news is Gouamrit, an initiative to deliver the best quality cow milk to as much people as possible, makes sure that its customers get the most nutritional value and health from their milk.
Gouamrit offers natural pure desi cow milk produced fresh in our dairy farm and rich in essential nutrients at a price everyone can afford. You can buy Gouamrit milk and other cow products including ghee, curd and paneer in varied regions across South Delhi to meet your daily dairy needs.
Cow Milk as Described in Ayurveda
Cow milk is more than just a food or nutritional need. It is a gift from Mother nature that has been prominent since the ancient times.
In Ayurveda, foods categorised as “Rasayana” have high nourishing and rejuvenation properties and milk is one of them. Milk along with ghee and curd made from desi cow milk, are regarded as sacred and essential elements of ayurvedic medicine.
It is also believed that 33 Gods and goddesses reside in desi cow, which make cow milk and products prepared from desi cow milk sacred.
Here are a few benefits of cow milk, ghee and curd as according to Aayurveda.
Ayurveda explains cow milk as a sattvik (fresh, natural and bereft of any additives and chemicals) food.
Besides being the most nutritive of foods, cow milk is:
- Good for vital organs including the brain, eyes and the heart as well as skin, hair and overall health.
- Easy to digest and thus recommended to children with poor digestion.
- Considered naturally pure and thus is used in Hindu religious practices like “Homa” and “Yagya”.
- Used as an essential ingredient in “Panchgavya”, a traditional concoction used in most Hindu rituals.
- According to ancient Ayurveda, Cow ghee is nutritive and nourishing.
- Ghee prepared from cow’s milk is regarded as the best brain tonic by the ancestors.
- Cow ghee is cool and sweet in nature and high in essential nutrients and fatty acids.
- It has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties.
- It helps to calm Pitta and Vata imbalance disorders.
- Regular consumption of ghee helps improve digestion and prevent varied stomach problems.
- It promotes memory, intellect and mental power.
- Regular intake of curd is associated with increased hipbone mineral density and strength.
- Curd made from skimmed milk can help improve intestinal ailments like indigestion, spruce and flatulence.
- Curd is hot in potency and leaves a heating effect on the body in winters.
- Curd has considerate healing quality and is used as a vital ingredient in diseases like diarrhoea and dysentery.
- Cow curd increases pitta and kapha dosha and helps to improve blood circulation and appetite.
Cow Milk Vs Regular Milk: The Much-Needed comparison
While the milk of foreign cow breeds including Jersey and Holstein Friesian is widely produced and sold in most dairies across India, cow milk is still a healthier choice in terms of nutrition and health benefits.
Here’s a rundown on the differences between cow milk and other variants.
There have been studies and research that reveal cow milk (A2 milk) is better than regular milk and varied other kinds in terms of nutritional value, composition and health benefits.
How do desi cows differ from other breeds?
- Desi cows are characterised by a fatty hump on the back which is absent in foreign breeds like Jersey, Holstein and Ayrshire.
- All desi cows have dewlap; a thick hanging fold of lose skin below the neck. The more developed the dewlap, the higher the immunity power of the cow.
- The back of desi cows is well rounded unlike foreign breeds’ that are sharp angular.
- Indigenous cows have a round shape forehead while non-desi cows possess an almost flat forehead.
Unfortunately, most people today consume ordinary milk high in chemical residues and harmful contents like A1 protein and BCM-7. Dairies collect milk from farmers without ensuring the quality of the milk. It’s you who has to decide between the healthy and the unhealthy.
So, make the transition to desi cow milk today and promise your loved ones and yourself a better, healthier lifestyle with Gouamrit cow milk.